How to: add a new category image
- Go to The Noun Project
- Search for the term for which you want to add a category (e.g. Tourism).
- Choose an image to fit with the others on ODS.
- Select to download. You will need to create an account if you don't already have one.
- Save the image to your hard drive. Also, copy the text regarding attribution - you will need it again.
- Open the image in an editor which can deal with SVG files. eg Inkscape
- Remove any attribution text which has been added to the image and save it to jkan/img/categories (noting the name)
- In a text editor, open jkan/_data/schemas/categories.yml
- Edit in the new entry (eg for Tourism)into the correct positions follows
- name: Tourism logo: /img/categories/tourism.svg logo_credit: WEBTECHOPS LLP from the Noun Project featured: true
- Save the file.
- Commit both changes in Git and push the changes to Github.
- The navigation will be rebuilt within a couple of minutes.
- Check the site: https://opendata.scot